Why does a furnace service matter?
Performing your furnace service before you actually need it, is a great idea.
- Once the cold hits, the heating industry becomes very busy. You could be
waiting days for furnace service, when it is most critical.
- Preventative maintenance is critical for heating and cooling units. Without
annual service, you could be facing bigger repairs including normal wear
and tear becoming a full break down to carbon monoxide being released
dangerously into your home.
- Annual furnace service is cheaper than a furnace replacement. A few hundred
dollars a year will save you a few thousand down the road.
Just as you get oil changes for your vehicle on a regular basis, you also
require maintenance on your furnace. Whether you have a gas or electric
unit, you don’t want to wait for it to break before calling for
furnace service. Twice a year, we suggest a furnace service to change
filters, clean the vents and parts, and inspect the unit for efficiency
as well as make any needed minor repairs.
If you are experiencing any of these concerns, please let your technician
know when he is there for the furnace service:
- Uneven flames or flames that lean to the back of the furnace. Flames should
be even and when they are not, this could be a sign of a cracked heat
exchanger or dirty burners.
- Weird noises. Hot water and steam can cause some noises, but noises coming
from a forced-air unit can be a problem to have checked during your annual
- Thermostat issues. If the furnace turns on for three minutes or less then
shuts off and this keeps repeating, it is time to have it looked at.
- Poor Air Quality. If you seem to be experiencing high levels of allergies,
nose bleeds, or frequent headaches, let the technician know. They can
check for carbon monoxide leaks and offer suggestions on humidifiers and
UV light air purifiers that work with the unit to reduce uncomfortable symptoms.
- Soot build up. If you are seeing soot, we can get it cleaned and see what
it going on to cause it.
To schedule your annual furnace service, call today! Don’t wait until
it is cold, call
Sunshine Plumbing, Heating & Air at
303-459-5469 to schedule or have your questions answered.